Tuesday Morning – Freedom Prayer Sheet
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:13-14 NKJV
Prayer for Yourself:
- Friend check: how are you handling the change all about us? Are you struggling? Are you stressing? Are you keeping a positive outlook? These are very difficult times that there seems to be no end in sight. Be sure you pour God’s Word into your head and heart each day and pray for yourself. Seek out a friend to be a prayer/share partner. Don’t try to go it alone!
- In Jesus’ darkest, loneliest hour – the Garden of Gethsemane – (Matthew 26:36-46) He went to prayer, and in John 17:1-5, He prayed for Himself for strength to bring Glory to the Father through what He was facing. Look what He did! He became the Savior of the whole world! Our prayers are a lifeline to life! Pray for yourself!
Prayer for Your Family:
- Pray for your children and grandchildren, by name! Pray for your siblings and for your parents if they are still with you.
- Pray for any specific needs of your family members!
Prayer for the Church: the church gathered (Covenant Life Church) and the church dispersed (other houses of Christian worship) here and throughout the world.
- Pray that God will keep the church on the cutting edge of what is happening around it at all times. That we will be awake and alert!
- PRAY FOR SPONTANEOUS REVIVAL TO BREAK OUT IN ALL OF AMERICA AND AROUND THE WORLD!
- These days of uncertainty and distress are days of opportunity for the Body of Christ, the Church. Pray that…
- We will not miss a single Kingdom opportunity to give a witness for Christ and lend a helping hand
- That God will give answers for those asking questions or leveling accusation
- For strength and courage to stand firm in the heat of the battle.
- The church, (that’s you and me) will always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks about the reason we have such hope in us!
Prayer for our Community of Residence: Lake Co., Fruitland Park, Florida, and surrounding communities:
- Continue to pray for school district administrators, local school faculty, staff, and especially students.
- Here are a few of the things at stake with the opening of school for students and workers alike: income, learning, reconnecting with friends students and teachers, the educational journey of students from grade school to post high school education.
Prayer for our Government: Local, County, State & National:
- The President, Congress, Judicial, and all other government offices, and personnel need to remember the Constitution of the United States and how it has prevailed for centuries, in keeping America under the favor and blessing of God. Many Americans may not like it now, but a number of heroes – to many to forget – have given their lives to defending and carrying out the mandates it provides. We are not in need of any kind of revolution to change our way of life in America as some might feel. We need a revival from heaven in America that will turn Americans back to God! During a very dark time of the civil war, President Abraham Lincoln issued this proclamation to the country, calling for a day of fasting and prayer. He identified the nation’s sin like this: “We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which persevered us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us.” This was true in 1863 when it was first written and it is true today – America has become “too self-sufficient” for God. We have become too proud to pray to the God that made us. We are a nation divided. The traditional motto of the United States of America is Epluribus Unum – “out of many, one. We are a nation divided that needs to be brought together. We have gotten to where we are, because we, as a nation, have forgotten God! Psalm 19:7 declares, “The wicked shall be turned into hell And all the nations that forget God.” (Psalm 9:17 NKJV).
We have been far too tolerant of sin and now we are reaping a harvest of blatant sin that is costing America far more than we can afford to pay. Diversity, one of the goals of tolerance, has robbed us of real, genuine love for God, and for people. It is time to draw a line in the sand in our prayers, and stand upon the principles of truth given to us in the eternal Word of God, the Bible! It is time to rise up in faith and call those things that are not – righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit – as though they were.
- Pray for our President to sustain under pressure and increase in His favor from both God and man every day.
- That he will be firm in his decisions, forward in his leadership, and faithful to his duties. Hold him up in the battle for the soul of America just as Aaron and Hur held up Moses’ arms and Israel prevailed in the battle over the enemy. (Exodus 17:8-16)
- That Americans will “wake up” to the takeover attempt of radical, leftist thinking, that intends to change the way of life we have enjoyed from the beginning, in the U.S. of A.
- That a spiritual revival of renewal to God will break out in the White House, in the Congress, and in the Supreme Court.
- That those who are not praying will begin to pray
- That those who are not reading the Bible will begin to read it and act upon its precepts and promises.
- That the change will be evident in all of these branches of government
- Pray that the election process for our President and other important leaders in this nation will not be sabotaged, undermined, or stolen from the candidate duly elected by the populous of American voters who express their vote. And may Gods will be done in the election of all of the leaders of this nation!
- Freedom of expression is under assault in America. Pray that Congress and the Justice Department will break up technology monopolies and aggressively protect our freedom of expression – free speech.