Tuesday Morning – Freedom Prayer Initiative
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
“Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night and said to him: “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. For now, I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.”
2 Chronicles 7:12-16 NKJV
Prayer for Yourself:
- Friend check: how are you handling the change all about us? Are you struggling? Are you stressing? Are you keeping a positive outlook? These are very difficult times that there seems to be no end in sight. Be sure you pour God’s Word into your head and heart each day and pray for yourself. Seek out a friend to be a prayer/share partner. Don’t try to go it alone!
- In Jesus’ darkest, loneliest hour – the Garden of Gethsemane – (Matthew 26:36-46) He went to prayer, and in John 17:1-5, He prayed for Himself for strength to bring Glory to the Father through what He was facing. Look what He did! He became the Savior of the whole world! Our prayers are a lifeline to life!
Prayer for Your Family:
- Pray for your children and grandchildren, by name! Pray for your siblings and for your parents if they are still with you.
- Pray for any specific needs of your family members!
Prayer for the Church: the church gathered (Covenant Life Church) and the church dispersed (other houses of Christian worship) here and throughout the world.
- Pray that God will keep the church on the cutting edge of what is happening around it at all times. That we will be awake and alert!
- Revival has come to Seattle Wa., at the very site known as Chop or Chas which was on our TV screens so much recently for something bad. People were singing to God, baptizing those who professed Christ and the Gospel of Jesus was going forth. While it was not without protest from Satanic cult members present, also, a revival was obvious in the worship, response, and smiles on the faces of worshippers and those receiving salvation.
- PRAY FOR THIS KIND OF SPONTANEOUS REVIVAL TO BREAK OUT IN ALL OF AMERICA!
- These days of uncertainty and distress are days of opportunity for the Body of Christ, the Church. Pray that…
- We will not miss a single Kingdom opportunity to give a witness for Christ and lend a helping hand
- That God will give answers for those asking questions or leveling accusation
- For strength and courage to stand firm in the heat of the battle.
- The church, (that’s you and me) will always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks about the reason we have such hope in us!
Prayer for our Community of Residence: Lake Co., Fruitland Park, Florida, and surrounding communities:
- Pray for school faculty, staff, and students as schools reopen for the business of educating our children. A special prayer is being held today (Sunday, August 16, at 7 PM at all Lake and Sumter County schools for the opening of the school year. Please go to the school nearest you and pray with other believers gathered there.
Prayer for our Government: Local, County, State & National:
- The United States Congress through the COVID 19 crisis, has been passing some monumental, financial legislation to help the nation through the crisis.
- Here are some valid questions:
- Where is this money coming from?
- Are we passing debt on to our children and grandchildren – even generations beyond them – in this legislation?
- Here are some valid questions:
- Assuming this money comes from the tax base of the U.S.A., are there expectations of raising taxes or, recouping the money in some other way?
- Pray for wisdom along with genuine compassion to prevail among legislators in deliberating over expenditures during this unprecedented season of crisis.
- Pray for our President to sustain under pressure and increase in His favor from both God and man every day.
- That he will be firm in his decisions, forward in his leadership and faithful to his duties
- That Americans will “wake up” to the takeover attempt of a radical, leftist thinking movement, that intends to change the way of life we have enjoyed from the beginning, in the U.S. of A.
- That a spiritual revival of renewal to God will break out in the White House in the Congress and in the Supreme Court.
- That those who are not praying will begin to pray
- That those who are not reading the Bible will begin to read it and act upon its precepts and promises.
- That the change will be evident in all of these branches of government